Organize for a Fresh Start – Table of Contents
Part 1: Getting Started
- 1. Live Your Life in Chapters
- Your life is full of different chapters. As you move through these chapters, priorities change, as does your mind-set about your belongings and your schedule and activities. When this shift happens, it’s time to reorganize.
- 2. Set Organizing Goals
- Before you begin a journey, you need to know your destination. This chapter helps you create a vision of your newly reorganized life so you know what you are working toward.
- 3. Establish and Evaluate Organizing Systems – The Three Ps
- Whether you’re new to organizing or have organized in the past, the Three Ps help you create and maintain systems that meet your specific needs.
- 4. Finding Time and Staying Motivated
- What’s holding you back from reaching your organizing goals? This chapter is full of encouragement and ideas to help you get started and stick with your reorganizing efforts.
Part 2: Reorganize Your Surroundings
- 5. Evaluate Your Home and Establish Your Objectives
- You’re ready to begin, but where? This chapter takes you through each room of your home and helps you create a plan.
- 6. Deciding What to Keep and What to Remove
- Organizing is all about making decisions – what to let go of and what to keep. This chapter helps you make no-regrets decisions so everything in your home enhances your new chapter in life.
- 7. Reorganizing What’s Left
- What do you do with the items you decided to keep? This chapter offers room-by-room ideas for how to reorganize what’s left, including ideas for changing the function of a room.
Part 3: Manage Your Time
- 8. Organize Your Time During Your Transition
- Organization, in times of crisis, can be a lifesaver. Evaluate your time to determine what’s important before and during the major life changes.
- 9. After the Event: What Does Your New Schedule Look Like?
- This chapter shows you how to adapt your schedule to the new responsibilities and freedoms in your life.
Part 4: Staying Organized
- 10. Create Systems That Support You
- This chapter empowers you to maintain the new organizing systems you worked so hard to create.
My Goal Definition Worksheet
Clearing the Clouds of Confusion Exercise
Suggested Reading List
Room Tour Questions
Keep Less Questions
Home is Not Home Without Chart
Decluttering Your Calendar
Identify how you Would Like to Spend Your Time
How Long to Keep Records