About the Book Organize for a Fresh Start
Your life is in transition now.
While change is difficult, that place in between the old chapter and the new chapter – the before and the after – is even more difficult. It’s a place of limbo where you’re not through the changes and you’re not quite into your new chapter.
Reorganizing our stuff, our surroundings and our time – this is so helpful in dealing with life’s big changes.
It’s not simply a “nice to have” – it’s an essential practice. Remember, regroup, reorganize.
The benefits of reorganization during and after major life changes are numerous.
- Control, which, in the context of a life transition, is at a shortage, or may not even exist at some points.
- Cathartic, helping you process emotions.
- Change agent: Use your energy on the transition and moving forward, not on managing disorganization.
- Clarity: Focus on what’s really important as you move into the transition, while you’re in it, as you move out of it and into your next chapter of life.
I coach my clients that organizing is part of your support system, whether you’re clearing the clutter, reorganizing, or changing how you use your time. And so in the words of coaching and organizing clients, reorganizing your stuff, time, and/or space …
- Helps clear the fog.
- Helps you put your life back together.
- Helps put your new life together.
- Helps you let go more easily when you know what’s important to keep.
- Helps you visualize the new place you’re headed more easily.
This book will help you step-by-step to reap the full benefits of organizing during a life transition. Work through things at your own pace. Call a friend for support if you need it. Step away when you need to and come back when you are ready. Let’s begin this journey to reorganize your home and your schedule. We will move through this together.