“I didn’t realize how much was happening in my life until I told you what the last few years have been like.”
“I’m stuck and can’t figure how to move on – plus, I don’t know what’s next. “
… of needing to simplify, reorganize or let go of the past is often the result of some big life changes a client’s been through. She’s coming out the other side of these changes, and wondering what’s next. A wonderful way to blend the last chapter of her life with what she wants for her next chapter is to reorganize – Things, Thoughts, and Time.
My blog this week takes you over to “Oh, So Organized!” with my colleague and friend, Linda Samuels, where I’ve answered some questions for her, on the topic of life changes, transitions and moving towards a fresh start.
These are her questions for me. The blog is here for my answers: Ask the Expert: Sue West
- You’re an expert on helping others navigate life transitions. What is your favorite tip for negotiating uncharted territory?
- Fresh starts can be enervating or draining. What are a few strategies to help minimize overwhelm?
- A clean slate is an opportunity. How can we prepare physically or emotionally to experience positive results?
- Do you have a philosophy about new beginnings?
- What has been your biggest personal challenge around second chances?
- Is there anything you’d like to share about fresh starts that I haven’t asked?
And read the comments on the blog, too; to me, they add so much to this interview, making it even more useful with different perspectives.
Who is in this Ask the Expert series – a word from Linda
“Last year the “Ask the Expert” feature was introduced on The Other Side of Organized blog! It quickly became a big success as we enjoyed inspiring conversations with industry leaders such as best-selling author Gretchen Rubin, time management guru Julie Morgenstern, and organizer and coach extraordinaire Denslow Brown. For 2013, the interview series continues with another dynamic group of experts. I’m thrilled to begin this year with author, coach and organizer, Sue West to share her wisdom about fresh starts.”
Please join us over at Linda’s this week !
Ready for more, after the blog interview? My book about fresh starts is available here: Organize for A Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life. Read a sample chapter and the table of contents to see if it suits your needs. Or organizing & coaching services – together! Coaching in our organizing meetings or purely by phone – that’s the piece that helps the new strategies stick.